Wednesday, January 04, 2006

How Weird Are You?

I was tagged by Jennifer for this meme.

I already admitted to being weird (see # 40 on the "I Like that I am..." list) and since I have been blogging awhile some have probably become accustomed to that fact but for those with any doubts here is a review of 5 of my weird habits from my 2005 blog. Feel free to add on...
  1. I am so weird that in the past I have kept scrupulous track of the hours that I have spent houseworking. I also kept track of the accumulated overtime which I unfortunately never did get paid for.
  2. I once wrote a terrible haiku tribute to my pal, Mango and posted it on my blog.
  3. I have several phobias, some of which are listed here. Today I had to deal with my dentophobia. I am glad to report I survived but not without constantly bugging the dentist's helper for more suction and battling with the tv remote control which would not work. No matter, the dentist shut John Ritter off anyways.
  4. I am a compulsive book buyer. The book shelves overfloweth at a faster rate than I can readeth them.
  5. Did I ever tell you about this huge crush I had on a fellow?
2006 is sure to reveal more weird facts that I unconsciously let slip out, so there is no need to say anything consciously at the moment.
    Instead of appointing others to do this meme, I will ask for volunteers. Anyone?
    I will add your name here with a link to your post.
  1. Yeah, for Mango Lane. Check out her "I am weird, too" list in the comment section!
  2. I am getting desperate, Raehan, and will accept your one really weird habit! Visitors, see the comment section but prepare yourself.
  3. Sister Celtic has quite the story. Read a preview of her 50th birthday antics in the comment section.
  4. Mompoet is weird, too. Alright!


Here are the official rules. (I have changed mine abit but will include the original here)
Rules: “The first player of this game starts with the topic “five weird habits of yourself,” and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You are tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.”

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved reading all your old posts. Some rainy day I'm going to start at the beginning. I'm having trouble admitting publically any of the weird stuff I do. Weipubophobia I think it's called.

Carol said...

Barbara,
A few more months of blogging and you'll be 'fessing it all!

Jane said...

Carol, thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed reading yours. I love the "Lucy" pic. I am a big "I Love Lucy" fan. She was so funny.
Hope you will visit me again.

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay. Five weird things I will admit to others.
1. I confess to talking to myself. Out loud you know when no one is around.
2.I loathe asking strangers for help or directions or the time of day. I attribute this to having a little too much testosterone in my system.
3. I am a fan of the A&E show "Dog the Bounty Hunter". Laugh if you must but that dude really cares and you just gotta love his hair extensions.
4. I have bought or borrowed hundreds of decorating mags and books; yet, I`ve done very little in the way of actual decorating. I like looking at the pretty pictures.
5. I am a blog groupie. It doesn`t get any weirder than that, people.

Raehan said...

I'm weird because I can't sleep without a hot shower or bath right before bed.

That's a fact.

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I'm here from Michele's, and I will have to say that I am very weird indeed.

Carol said...

I just checked out your blog and you are right, man...

won tong said...

I put the "W" in the word weird! i ran down the street naked on my 50th b-day my hubbie took a pic and i sent it to my goilfriends.. also my surgeon who is very cute had to do a colonoscopy on me..at christmas...so i had my butt stamped with all kinds of holiday messages and glitter.. he laughed so hard.. also i went completly naked with a big coat and boots for my 50th b-day and went to all my doctors app.s in the same day the nurses just busted up laughin and it was crazy..there's more to the story so maybe i'll blog it.. if it's crazy i'll do it...cuz i'm WEIRD AND PROUD OF IT..

won tong said...

OH I FORGOT TO SAY I WENT TO THE DOCTORS OFF ISLAND TO AMERICA THAT WAS UNBELIEVABLE...RODE THE FERRY AND WALKED AROUND THE CITY NUDE NOONE HAD A CLUE IT WAS JUST FUN FOR ME.. TIL THE NURSE ASKED ME TO TAKE OFF MY BOOTS AND COAT AND STEP INTO THE HALLWAY TO GET WEIGHED BUT THATS PART 2...GIGGLE

mompoet said...

Hi Carol, Thank you for your encouragement. I have posted my weirdness on my blog this morning and would be honoured if you would link me. Have a weird day.
mp

Carol said...

Thanks Mompoet. It is done!

Manny said...

carol..good work !! ur old posts were just WONDERFUL~~~but ilost the one i first left a comment upon ...can upl gimme me its link??
love.....MANAS

Carol said...

Manas,
The link is http://carolsbookblogs.blogspot.com/2006/01/early-years.html

Muhd Imran said...

Hello Carol,

Your list of weirdness is so, very normal to me. I cannot think of anyone not suffering about the same things you are, whether they admit it or not.

Now I am weird to think so...?