Friday, January 06, 2006

Friendly Friday

Welcome members of the Friends of the Friendless Marching Band
to a very special Friendly Friday!
I've been practising this countdown all week.

The winner of FFMB's
first ever
Friendless Site of 2005 trophy is...

10.I can't wait...
9. And the winner is...
8.here is the envelope...
7.just a second...
6..my hands are trembling...
5..I better do one more quick tally of the votes...
4. hold on...
3. maybe, I should go to the bathroom first..
2. ...
1. Uh-hum, and the winner is...

...our very own Stephen of From the Edge to the Center!!!!

He is at the back, playing his baritone.

Here is what the FFMB liked about Stephen's blog:
  • this quote by Stephen, "I promised myself I'd have everything figured out by the time I turn 35. While that's not going to happen, obviously, I will accept the things I can."
  • "I like the blog title and graphics. He seems like a nice guy."
  • "I loved his pictures, graphic and the fact he wrote a novel."
  • And I, Carol the conductor, want to point to the original review of From the Edge to the Center
Everyone go and congratulate our buddy, Stephen, the winner of the prestigious FFMB award for 2005.








Stephen, how about an acceptance speech?

Stephen says, "Holy cow, folks!! What can I say...I I appreciate all the support. I'ts good to be a part of this group. I love all the blogs listed in FFMB...I posted on this site for a while without a single documented pair of eyes ever seeing anything I wrote. It's nice to know someone looks your way...Thanks, everyone!"


What a great turnout at the polls.
Team spirit abounded.
Everyone ought to be proud.
Now go find me some more friendless sites for 2006!
Get your banner now.
The cost may go up in the new year.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Stephen - there was some stiff competition for this title.

Stephen Cummings said...

Holy cow, folks!! What can I say...I I appreciate all the support. I'ts good to be a part of this group. I love all the blogs listed in FFMB. Thanks, Carol, for your work here. Despite having recused yourself, you're still the real #1 FFMB. Here's to 2006.

Lazy Daisy said...

Yeah, I so agree...Congrats Stephen. Great job as usual Carol!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

way to go, Stephen!

Stephen Cummings said...

Thanks, everyone!

Carol, I got the code to work on my site, thanks for the tip.

won tong said...

great fun carol... glad i was a part of it been waiting with great anticipation..congrats on all the work you put into so we could all have fun...congrats to stephan as well...Eh!

won tong said...

okay carol there is one friend that really needs some ffmb help i'll post it right now.. my friend imran and his family are in singapore they are muslim and the nicest people i'm the only person who goes there so please help..thanks..
http://mi-home.blogspot.com
the next one is really interesting...it's a blogger in madrid spain i think you'll like some of his posts..it's diffrent..
http://www.tesalonica.blogspot.com
last but not least my neice ro-ro aurora hers is:
http://www.peeingintheshower.blogspot.com
i have 2 more i'll send after you and the band check these out..thanks carol .

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Stephen. Michele sent me today!

Cheers.

P.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Here from Michele tonight Carol...Sorry I have not been participating the way I hoped..unforseen things have goten in the way...Life, happens.

Rhiannon said...

Hi Carol, sorry only have one blog suggested for FFMB, as haven't been feeling too well this week. Its "River-Tree Whispers", http://river-tree-whispers.blogspot.com/

Blessings to everyone,

Rhiannon

Carol said...

Thanks everybody for making this first award ceremony such a success!

Thanks for all the submissions, Sister Celtic!

Understood, OOLotH.

Rhiannon,
Nice submission. It will not be in this week's Friendly Friday though because I want to stick to just 3/week. The week following it will be.