Saturday, January 07, 2006

Excerpts from a Life

I am going over my old journals every Saturday. I started keeping them in 1974. Chevy, a boy I had a crush on, is still in the picture, I am still dieting and Mango is still my buddy.

August 15, 1975
This evening around 7:30 pm, Mango and I went uptown. Chevy rode by. Mango said he looked at me through the corner of his eye. We had to cross while he waited. How embarrassing! I never looked at him. Mango said he was watching me all the time.
He never drove so we went inside Mango's house. After awhile, Mango phoned his place:
Mango: "Is Carol there?"
Chevy: "Who is this?" (He knew.)
Mango said, "Mango."
He didn't say anything so Mango said, "Well, I must have the wrong number."
He said, "Yeah, you must." in a I-know voice and like he liked it!
So then we went outside and he was in his car on Queen St. waiting to go. Mango took off, so did I, which was very stupid!!
Then he went straight. Never saw him anymore last night. I hope he was looking for me, but right now I'm not too sure because why would he go straight? ( I have got to step in here, and answer my younger self-"Perhaps because you and Mango took off!!")
But then again- funny how he came out right after the phonecall!! Hmm- have to think about it.

August 16, 1974
What if Chevy just wanted to see if I was outside after the phonecall? What if he thinks I'm chasing him and that's its funny? I hope he doesn't but I can't understand why he drove straight.

August 18, 1975
Don't feel too bad-I'll just have to wait and see how he acts. Til then-well, all I can do is hope.

Tried on tops and sorted out which ones fit and which ones don't.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Carol - You're fortunate you kept all your old journals. When I think back to my youth it just seems like there was so much time to do things. The days pass so much quicker now.

k8 said...

this is so cool that you have all these memories in exact detail. funny too. i always started journals and never kept them up.

Carol said...

Barbara and K8,
I'm really glad that I wrote these, too.

Fred said...

That's exactly why I'm blogging. I want to be able to look back in twenty years and see what was on my mind.

Great memories.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

and on it goes ----
Andrew

Carol said...

Fred,
I hope Blogger will still be around.

J. Andrew,
Hey, that is a cliffhanger...