Thursday, January 26, 2006

Blog Olympics-My Medals

Before you get too congratulatory for me, I should explain that in the Blog Olympics hosted by Barbara of Trying to Catch Up, gold medals go to the top 10%, bronze goes to the bottom 10%. Everyone else gets a silver.

Today, I read this quote from author, Kent Crockett, from his book "I Once Was Blind but Now I Squint."

"Most people would assume the silver medal winners would be happier than the bronze medalists since they received a higher honor, but that wasn’t the case. The bronze medalists, who came in third place, were found to be happier than the silver medalists, who finished in second place.

The former Olympians explained how they felt about their medals. The third-place winners were thrilled just to have won a medal. The silver medalists, on the other hand, felt like losers because they didn’t come in first."

Then he goes on to say, more importantly, "What happens to you is not nearly as important (in your eyes) as how you perceive what happens to you."

Medal for Longevity.
338 days of blogging

Medal for Updates.
0.939 days between post


Medal for Comments
25 comments
Medal for Out-Links
16 out links













2 more days of Olympic Activities.

For complete Olympic coverage, check out the Lazy Daisy Network.

12 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

Hey Carol, thanks for the link....I didn't know I had graduated to a whole network now! How do you want to do the reception. Let me know how I can help promote the band. btw...great post, it gave me something to think about! Nice display of your blogging olympic glory too!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

2 more days --- oh well
Andrew

Erin said...

Congrats on the silvers! I'm so glad to have silvers, but one little ol' gold would be nice!!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Carol - you have a lot of creative talents!

Manny said...

gosh..how do u come up with amazing links like that carol ??
love....MANAS

Carol said...

Lazy Daisy,
We have to talk...(Its the media,folks)

Andrew,
Is that a good or bad "oh well"?

Erin,
I wanna gold medal too!

Thanks Barbara,
All a girl needs is inspiration!

Manas,
Searching and finding, my dear.

won tong said...

CONGRATS CAROL ON ALL YOUR WINNINGS...I'LL SEE YA TOMARROW AT THE CEREMONY...THANKS...

Carol said...

See you then, Sister Celtic!

Anonymous said...

Bronze medallist is interesting.

You've been busy around here.

Carol said...

Yes Pearl, I have had a terrible cold for almost 3 weeks now and I've been spending more time blogging. It makes feeling miserable worth it.

Veronika said...

Congratulations, Carol! You're awesome! You truly deserve a Gold for all that you do.
:)

Carol said...

Thanks Veronika, Tell the Olympic Board that ;)