Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ecclesiastes 8:15

"Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun."

One year today, I started blogging. As my Eldest Daughter likes to take the credit for being the one that started me blogging, she submitted this for my blog anniversary.

Would you believe the spellchecker on Microsoft Word wanted to fix “blog” for me?

I am Carol’s oldest daughter. In a few months she’ll probably have an entry probably titled “My Little Baby” which she talks about how her little girl is graduating. Or in two weeks, because that is when I turn 18.

The most important thing to you would be it’s my entire fault that “A Revision” exists. I tell that to myself when ever “Carol” kicks me or siblings off the computer to blog.

I’ve follow Canadian Federal Government on a daily basis since I decided that I should stop bugging my Dad to explain what was so funny on the Canadian comedy, The Royal Canadian Air Farce. I’m pretty sure the first blog I ever saw or heard about was Paul Martin’s blog when he was campaigning for the Liberal Leadership. I only looked at it once, but heard many entries when CBC radio read them out.

During the 2004 election my favourite source of news had a daily blog on his site. Global National with Kevin Newman was going across Canada in a bus, with Kevin Newman blogging about what was happening each day. I found out how hard it is to put a show on the air every night, how much he missed his family, and how funny he could be. When he blogged something interesting I would update my family at suppertime.

Later I must have mentioned his blog again with “Carol” asking what a “blog” is. And obviously I made it sound interesting.


Well, there you go. The origin of my blog.

This year has been a year of mirth. As well, it has been a year of being:
Thank you for being a part of it.

13 comments:

Carol said...

Artpuppy94
That is the friendless...never mind.
Thanks! Talk to you soon.

mompoet said...

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations Carol! What a treat to hear your daughter's perspective. I count myself lucky that she steered you toward blogging.
mp

David Edward said...

happy blogaversary - I almost made it a year - I think the doping scandal at the blogolypics shortened my lifespan

won tong said...

hi carol i will read this tomarrow plus post a serious need this ministry has.. i know you will be there sister to help in some way as the lord leads.. go see the comment i left you about barbra thanks for calming me down cuz i was getting worried..

Anonymous said...

As a new reader here, your one year anniversary is perfect for me. I got to read bits and pieces from your entries and feel as though I know you better. What a nice way to meet my new blogging friend!
My first year blog anniversary was Jan. 19th I wish I had thought of doing it as you have done. I do like my entry though (as I modestly pat-myself-on-the back) because it was also the anniversary of my parents marriage. I kinda though that to be a good omen.

I'm glad to have you on my list of "blogs to read." It is beginning to remind me of the stack of books that I haven't gotten to yet. (But I will!)
BTW, while I'm mentioning about reading blogs and if Wandi is looking in, I tried to leave a comment last night and since I'm not a blogger at your blog space I was able to...even after signing up.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogversary. Luck comes in the shape of daughters sometimes.

(Didja know I didn't recognize your avatar as being I love Lucy?)

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

way to go!

Chrixean said...

Hi Carol! Happy anniversary! What a coincidence! I just posted my announcement of my Blog Anniversary too! We have (almost)the same blog birthdays :-)

Carol said...

Thanks everyone!

Dwayne,
3

Don't mind me, my mind is stuck on evolutionary thoughts right now.

David Edward said...

im nominating http://livingquest.blogspot.com/
for an upcoming visit - check it out

I think the tamborine may work for her

thesurealist said...

Yo Carol, congrats! More happy blogging to you.

On to more serious matters, no matter how much I listen to, read around, puzzle over the evolutionary 'evidence', I am just not convinced. I think it actually needs a lot MORE faith to believe in it! If you listened to the programme I blogged about, the evidence is sadly lacking. I think chimps are cute, but no way are we related, even by 60 million years. I am more likely to be related to Lucy! And you too, Carol...

jane said...

Happy blogiversary carol! I'm so honored to be considered one of your blog readers. You're quite a woman!

Carol said...

Thank you Su.
Does it have anything on Noah? I am trying to stay focussed on that, right now.

Wow Jane,
You do have a way of encouraging!