Friday, February 10, 2006

Friendly Friday

Hello FFMB! Are you ready to march around the clock? I know that you are,but before we take off, can you tell me who these band members are?
If you post a photo on your blog of you with your instrument this week, I will add it to this group collage. Make it as original as you like.






























































The featured friendless site today is The Adventures of Reuben. I like his blog because of:
  • the variety of themes
  • the clouds
  • the pink slippers
  • the people
  • the grasshopper
Which is your favorite photo of Reuben's? (There is a problem with Reuben's first comment area, but if scroll down to his "This one's for you, Nick" post, the comment at the end of these photos is working. Or leave the comment for Reuben on my blog.)

Visit -R- at And You Know What Else. I like her lists!
Check out Pam's blog, My Secret Place. She will enchant you with her teacup story and inspirational words she has written or discovered.

Get your banners here!

Lately,I have been asked how the band works.
To join the Friends of the Friendless Marching Band, leave a comment stating that you wish to join then choose any instrument you like. (ability isn't an issue for this cyber band) We have two piano players, a harpist, trombonist and french horn player plus a variety of more so you get the idea that any instrument is possible.
On Fridays, the band meets to visit the chosen friendless sites which I list. Leave friendly comments for our honored recipients. Let them know that you are from the FFMB.
Get to know other band members. There is sure to be someone you can connect with.
Nominate friendless sites. They can be bloggers you know or ones that you come across in your blog surfs. Think unique. These sites have less than 5 comments/post. Leave me a comment with their address.
Have fun. This is compulsory.

Answer key to collage-left to right
Stephen the baritonist.
Sister Celtic is the cymbalist and pots and pans player.
Yeah, that's me the tuba player and conductor of the FFMB. I told you I looked like Marcie!
Pearl plays the korean drums.
Barbara is the animated flutist.
Su is the trumpeter.

It's still not too late to add your picture to the collage. Just let me know when you have it posted.

33 comments:

Jennifer said...

Do you have a kazoo player? I think that's about the only instrument I can scrounge up here!

Carol said...

Jennifer,
We do have one but two is even better!

Carol said...

Zeb,
Are you saying you want to change your guitar for a gu-zheng?
If so, do you have a picture of you playing one for the collage?

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

happy Friday!

Carol said...

Same to you,Andrew,
Yeah for Friendly Fridays.

Paste said...

I visited the site and enjoyed his photographs but the 'comments' is not working so I left no trace of my visit!

Carol said...

Thanks Dave for visiting, regardless. I see that the first comment area does not work.

Alright, PureMood!

won tong said...

CAN I CHANGE MY INSTRUMENT SOMETIMES WHEN MARCHING... I WANT TO PLAY THE CYMBILS AND POTS AND PANS WITH COOKING UTENSILS...LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS OKAY...THANKS CAROL AND I'LL GET READY FOR MY PHOTO TOMARROW..HUGS

Fred said...

Looks like a great band! When's the CD coming out?

Anonymous said...

I was unable to leave comments on any of these blogs so I`ll have to do it here.
Rueben: You really really do like taking pictures. I especially like the photos that have a colour theme. Very nice.
-R-: I appreciate your observations on your everyday life. Some of the best blogs are the ones where the writer is being themselves.
Pam: I appreciate the quotes and such that provide food for thought.

Unknown said...

Carol - I actually made it and it's still Friday. Are you beginning to see why I named my blog "Trying to Catch Up?"

Nice parade route! Very enjoyable blogs, thanks for bringing them to our attention.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, the bonus questions. I liked the photo of the three shutters. I know who the flute player is in the pictures!

Lazy Daisy said...

Hi Carol.....sorry for bringing up the rear, long day though. Very colorful, insightful sites today. Good picks.

Carol said...

Your instrument is changed, Sister Celtic.

Anybody that wants to change their instrument, just let me know!

Fred,
Now there's a good idea...

Mango,
Go ahead, girl.

Thanks Barbara for being the first to tell me your favorite photo. Interestingly, that was my favorite too.

Hey Lazy Daisy!

David Edward said...

rueben ROCKS! tell jennifer she can play anything - its a VIURTUAL marching band!

I liked the reflective ball so I could see the cameraman.

Carol said...

David, Yeah that was a neat photo too. He's got talent, alright.

And you're right about JENNIFER. Pick any crazy instrument you like. What have you always desired to play?

Reuben said...

Cool...thanks guys.
And why not? I think I'll join the band. I reckon a cello would be cool. No idea how to march with one though...

pam said...

Hi Carol. I would love to join the FFMB. I would like to play the harp if that is okay.

Ruth Leanne said...

Those were my pink slippers :-)

Reuben really is awesome! He takes an insane amount of photos most of the time, anyway.

Carol said...

Reuben and Pam,
Welcome to the band!

Hi Ruth. You can join too if you want.

Nice to meet you all!

Unknown said...

Some guesses:
Stephen - top picture
Pearl - drums

Jennifer said...

How funny....I visited Reuben's site before I read the comments, and I commented on his site that my favorite picture was the one of the shutters with the yellow bicycle. Great minds think alike, don't they? ;)
My second favorite was further down...the spiral staircases. I love photo blogs! :)

won tong said...

OKAY CAROL I POSTED MYSELF WITH THE POTS AND PANS... I GOT ALL GLAMMED UP FOR THE PHOTO... WORE MY BEST WIG AND URNGE LIPSTICK AND TURCOISE/GRIMLIN GREEN BRIGHT EYESHADOW..

Carol said...

Barbara,
You got those right. Check out the answers to the rest of the pictures at the bottom of the post.

Jennifer,
Those colors were very appealing.

Sister Celtic,
Now that's the spirit! I love the picture.

Zeb,
You are persistent! I'll see what I can do.

won tong said...

you look great.. man that tuba is big...

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sister Celtic, the tuba is big and heavy...

won tong said...

your still awake that tuba is too heavy makes me hurt just lookin at you

Unknown said...

Nice to see a picture of you Carol! I like to be able to associate a face to my blog-friends. That tuba is large, must be hard to carry in the parades.

Carol said...

Thanks Sister Celtic and Barbara for your concern about the weight of my tuba. Actually, I am building muscle so carrying it isn't as bad as it looks.

-R- said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate all the comments. Your band sounds like fun. I will have to check it out next Friday.

Carol said...

Thanks -r-!

Anonymous said...

I have a blog for you to check out, although I`m not sure it fits the criteria exactly. http://tcbloggers.blogspot.com
Here`s another one- http://domsjourney.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Mango,
I feel uncomfortable accepting anyone as friendless that gets more visitors than I but Dom's Journey makes it!
Thanks for submitting!
Anyone else?