Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hello, my name is Carol and I'm a Blogaholic...

I just joined Blogaholic Anonymous.

Step 1 We admitted we were powerless over blogging and that our lives had become unmanageable.

    Areas of my unmanagability are:
  • My to-list has items left uncrossed off and I don't even care!
  • Pages of my calendar are blank.
  • Family and friends complain about how boring the blogtalk is.
  • The same family and friends complain that I don't pay enough attention to them because I miss out on crucial parts of the conversation as I am checking my site meter. (Eg. My son is telling me about a bully on the bus and I respond by giving him that "dazed out by the computer" look. I don't even remember the conversation.)
  • I obsessively revisit blogs umpteem times a day.
  • I keep on Battling the Blogs (on BlogExplosion) although I lose most battles. My blog esteem is dropping yet I can't stop.
  • I'd like to write a poem or a meaningful anecdote but my words are stuck in silly mode. Help, I can't be serious anymore!
  • Yes, I admit that I am powerless over blogging and my life has become unmanageable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol, thanks for passing by Teh Blog Father earlier on. Round three of the crazy reviews will begin shortly. I'll be happy to write you a crazy review and link to you...all for the price of a joke, quote or fact :-)

carmilevy said...

If you've got to be addicted to something, it may as well be blogging. I, for one, am glad you chose this particular addiction. Or it chose you. Whatever.

Visiting from Michele's tonight.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your blogging is higher than 12% alright. Blogoholics is a cute idea.

Carol said...

Teh Blog Father,
I am seriously considering becoming a contender.

Carmi,
Cheers.

Pearl,
Hey, where is the support for my denial phase?