Monday, December 12, 2005

A Sevens Meme

Okay Kathy, here it is...


Seven things to do before I die:
1. I want to be a Kokum. (Native word for Grandma)
2. Hold my Great-Grandchildren.
3. Finish my book of Native short stories. (I only have one written so far)
4. Have those home renovations done.
5. Finish interior decorating my home.
6. Overcome anxiety!
7. Grow in understanding the Bible.

Seven Things I can not do.
1. Take a computer apart and reassemble.
2. Change the engine oil.
3. Drive in a motor race and win.
4. Fly a rocket to the moon.
5. Upholster the couch and chair.
6. Re-shingle the roof.
7. Get the To Do list caught up.

Seven Things that attracted me to my spouse: (if you are married, that is)
1. Smile
2. Eyes
3. Gentleness
4. Compatibility
5. Patience
6. Loyalty
7. Easy going

Seven things that I say most often:
1. Get off the computer; I want to check my blog. (son)
2. Don't you have any homework? (eldest daughter)
3. There's my pretty girl. (to our cat)
4. Aw, come on. (friends)
5. I've got an idea. (friends)
6. Could you .....? (husband)
7. I am so glad... (blogfriends)

Seven Books I love:
1. The Bible
2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
3 Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
6. Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
7. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Seven Movies I watch over and over:
1. Pride and Prejudice (mini-series)
2. Sound of Music
3. To Kill a Mockingbird
4. To Sir With Love
5. Babycakes (Ricky Lake starred in this tv movie before she lost weight. It is about a overweight woman who has a crush on a guy and plots to win him)
6. That's Entertainment series
7. Jesus Christ Superstar (I haven't watched it lately, but I watched it innumerable times when I was a teenager)

Seven People I Tag to join me:
I know that you both don't have a blog but I hope that this won't stop you. Put your answers in the comment section. Come on, please...
1. Mango
2. Zeb
I will leave the rest blank in the hope that 5 enthusiastic bloggers will take up the Sevens challenge. If so, I will put your names and a link here.
3. Stephen
4. Barbara
5. Jennifer
6.
7.

10 comments:

Stephen Cummings said...

Stephen here, I'll try if that's okay.

Unknown said...

Nice answers to the meme, you can tag me after the Holidailies are over! (January 6)

Jennifer said...

I'll try it...tomorrow. Go ahead and add me to your list! :)

Rhiannon said...

Interesting Carol! I have the mini series (with Colin Firth..oooh...;o) from A&E of Pride and Prejudice and I watch it over and over through the years! Will never tire of it..love the dance scene, and Lizzie walking in her "muddy" shoes to go see her sister and "Mr Darcy" coming upon her. Lizzie was her own person and had such character and courage. Also recorded "Babycakes" years ago with Riki Lake and I watch it from time to time, because it is one of my all time fav movies! There's just something so special about that movie isn't there?..how about them apples Carol?..lol..Oh and Jane Eyre book and the movie with Orson Wells, oooooh...also my very very favorite. I wrote a book report on it in H.S. and got an A+..guess because I obviously read the book!.:o)..I also love Bridget Jone Diary (ignoring all the drinking and smoking) because it is a modern day take off of P&P, I "rewatched" it last night. I can relate to some of her situations with men!..lol..I have watched it about 20 times and usually watch it during the holidays to cheer me up..after all its got the same "Mr.Darcy" in that movie..oooh..hehe

Blessings,
Rhi

Lazy Daisy said...

Nice answers....it was harder than I thought. The hardest part was trying to think of what do I always say. (had to have some help from my friends!)

Carol said...

Stephen, Barbara and Jennifer,
Thanks for signing up. (Barbara, I added you on the list, but of course later is fine. I will be keeping an eye on you though ;)

Rhiannon,
I am a little shocked that someone even heard of Babycakes, but to have it on tape too, wow.

Kathy,
Yes, it was harder than I thought. I was doing the dishes and thinking about each question.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

That's very imteresting one...It is amazing how much you can learn about a person when they do these different mem's. Do you know who started the tradition of meme's and why? Was it specifically for Blogs?? I'm sorry to be so dumb about this but I had never heard this word until I started Blogging....Thanks In Advance, if you get a chance Carol.

Miladysa said...

Great Seven!

Anonymous said...

Okay. Here goes.
Before I die: Seriously indulge in some creative pursuit, get my house cleaned up, become something of a social butterfly, to have been a positive and meaningful influence on my children, pick out their (children) perfect spouses (Note: I`m only half joking), at least one person obeyed the gospel that I introduced them to, to read at least a couple more novels.
I can`t do: fix a leaky faucet, get my kids to pick up after themselves, make people be the way I want them to be, make the general population respect and admire me, cannot understand "computer talk", can`t seem to cook a decent piece of liver, can`t tap my head and rub my tummy at the same time.
My spouse: his looks, that he loves me back, his goofy sense of humour, hardworker, loyal, caring, handyman.
Say most often: SETTLE DOWN!, TURN THAT TV DOWN!(to kids and spouse), don`t forget to ask for a blessing (to kids), when are you coming home (to spouse), maow,maow (to the cat), he`s such a good boy,yes he is (to dog), hurry up we`re going to be late! (to kids)
Books: Bible, Anna Karenina, David Copperfield, The Bonfire of the Vanities, The Executioner`s Song, Fatal Vision, Bluebeard`s Egg.
Movies: Jesus Christ Superstar, Galaxy Quest, It`s a Wonderful Life, Sense and Sensibility, Peter Pan (the most recent live action version), The Mummy, The Mummy Returns.

won tong said...

I'M WATCHIN I LOVE LUCY IT IS ABOUT TO BEGIN WIONDER WHICH ONE THIS WILL BE...GIGGLE