But a good word makes it glad." Proverbs 12:25
I realize that I have to be able to give these "good words" to myself. What I tell myself either encourages or discourages. The effect is is clearly felt in my heart, either way.
The book I have been reading, "Don't Panic" by R. Reid Wilson, Ph.D. talks about developing within onself, a supportive observer.
This new inner voice :
- "reminds me of my freedoms and choices"
- "gives me permission to feel safe"
- "supports all my efforts"
- "invites me to feel confident"
- "trusts me and lets me trust myself"
- "expects a postive future"
- "points out my successes"
- "looks around me for support"
- "believes that I can change"
My soul desires honesty, gentleness and kindness from someone very important to me. Myself.