Saturday, April 16, 2005

Sunflowers and Counting the Reasons

I received a phonecall tonight from Kathy, a past preacher's wife. She,her husband and two children moved back to the States almost two years ago. At the time of their departure, I was distraught and heartbroken. I had grown to love this family which cared so much for the truth and for me, too.

One of the mementos they were given from the congregation was a music box. Kathy told me tonight that her 5 year old daughter winds that music box up before bed and while the music plays, she thinks about the people she left in Canada.

We have found ways to heal.

Others are still here and I am learning to love their zeal too with a love that can break a heart.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I wish I felt that way. We have lost so much of our zeal over the years. I wish it back so much!!

Carol said...

Pray it back my sister.