Saturday, February 19, 2005

MacBeth in WWI

I had intended to write only about whatever book I am currently into but now I feel drawn to reviewing anything.
I have already checked out a couple of fellow bloggers' prose and feel I might just review their blogs---who knows?
Has any body ever left a comment on a blog before? I am new at this and not sure what is socially acceptable. I would like to leave a comment to Noel, a fellow Bible student, on his budding Calvinism.Then there is Jane with her introspection. I would like to warn her of the danger of too much reflection. I wrote an essay on that theme in grade XII. As with any teenager I had yet to live it before I understood what I was writing. I am 45 years now and still continuing to learn, but I hope my words are drawn from the experience of life now rather than the plagiarism of youth.
We went to see the play "MacBeth" today. It was set in World War I. My daughter said that it must've been cheaper to get costumes for that period. I really didn't see any other purpose for it myself. They kept to the original Shakespearean words, though which are so beautiful. This was the first time I went to a Shakespeare play, I loved it. The actors spoke the words with passion as if they were their own, pouring from their soul.
Who cares if MacBeth and MacDuff had a sword fight in the 1900's, it worked.

No comments: