Friday, May 18, 2007

I'll Deal with that Tomorrow

My Husband and have term insurance with a renewal this year to almost three times the current rate.
We were approached by our broker to check out another insurance company to hopefully get better rates. This involved a physical.

The good news, the broker said when she phoned back, was that my Husband was healthy and received an elite rating but the bad news was that mine was declined.

I listened as she said that it was unusual to be declined as most people just receive a higher premium or a rider. It wasn't until after the call that I reacted to her statement.

My reaction was an intense fear that lasted 3 minutes.

Since then, I have been trying to get a letter to the broker so that the insurance company can release their files to my doctor so that I can find out what caused the decline.

Maybe I am overreacting but right now, I am in a downtime. This is when I shutdown from reality and its problems. I've been watching tv, reading, and trying not to think too much about my mortality and how I am not ready yet.

I tell myself it is the bipolar problem or the anxiety...

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Um, I wouldn't like that. I'm with you...I would demand to know what they know that you don't!! I hope it's something simple...perhaps they just don't cover bipolar at all...big hugs for you...let us know what you find out ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Little Pumpkin,

Check your email. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That really stinks. I'd be upset as well!

mompoet said...

That just doesn't make sense, Carol. I hope it is some mistake and you will be covered soon. In the meantime, take it easy. Your are surrounded by love both at home and here in the blog world.
mp

Unknown said...

That certainly is disconcerting to say the least.

I would ask the insurance agent what the possible reasons are for denial of services.

Hopefully you still have your old insurance.

Carol said...

Yep, I still have the old insurance plan.

I have to get proactive as tomorrow is coming soon and phone the broker.

Pat Paulk said...

That's enough to make you worry. I hate insurance companies. I never have figured out how you can attach profit to medical care and not have a conflict.